In Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 edition, you cannot install a device driver that is not digitally signed.
The full error message is: “Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information“.
The Easylux MiniReflecto works with a Windows compatible driver, although it is not digitally signed.
In this guide, you can find instructions on how you can disable driver signature enforcement in Windows so that you can install the MiniReflecto USB driver on your computer.
Step 1: Download and Run this batch file with elevated rights.
To do that:
Right-click at the batch file icon and click Run As Administrator.
1. Open Computer Management in Windows.
You can open it by right-clicking Computer/My Computer on desktop and selecting Manage in the context menu.
2.PLUG the MiniReflecto to your PC using a USB Cable. Turn the instrument ON. Click Device Manager in the left-side list, right-click the device showing an exclamation mark and tap Update driver software.
Secondly, click Browse my computer for driver software. The USB driver can be found on the EASYLUX CD-ROM or you can get it here.
If you want to enable signature enforcement to protect your computer from been infected, then Download and Run this batch file with elevated rights (with administrative rights).
Select “Change PC Settings”
- Navigate to “General” settings and then scroll down to “Advanced Startup”. Click on “Restart”:
- Click on “Troubleshoot”:
- Choose “Advanced Options”:
- Click on “Startup Settings”:
- Then click on the “Restart” button:
- After your computer reboots, another screen will appear where you will be asked to press a number to choose an option. So press 7 or F7:
- PLUG the MiniReflecto to PC by USB Cable. Turn the instrument ON. Go to the Device Manager, right-click the device with exclamation mark in and tap Update driver software.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software. The USB driver can be found on the EASYLUX CD-ROM or you can get it here.
- When you install the driver, this prompt will appear on screen. Select “Install this driver software anyway” :